I feel like a slump. It's May already. I've been abandoning taking care of my face and my teeth. N now I have to pay the price for overlooking my oral care. It's simple right. Brush, floss and use Listerine twice a day. Sounds so easy. And for facial: cleanse, tone and moisturise. That's the basic. And then there's the pimple gel, the masks that you have to put on, the sunblock. Yet most of us always stop and step 1.
And the bacteria grows so silently. The decay starts. Then, you have to fork out $1000+ for a root canal because the hole has become so big. All cos your teeth chipped a bit on a piece of bone. Yes the hole grew larger even though I filled it in. ((are you seriously doing your job Dentists!!!!))
And after reading 'Mind Your Body' on Straits Times today, I read how the doctor kept himself healthy by waking up at 4am to cycle or jog everyday for 2 hours and went swimming thrice a week. And the whole family goes to sleep by 9.30pm. Not a common lifestyle in this current day and age.
Now how am I going to get that kind of lifestyle? That's really an aspiration huh.
I feel so tired everyday and I'm not even working a 9-5 job. I work less than that and with this current pay I get, I feel it's not enough if I continue getting this sum in the future. It's seriously too little if I have to settle bills, transport and food on my own. I'm only beginning to be initiated to the stresses of the common Singaporean. If I had money I would buy land, or invest. So I have to choose practicality over passion. (( do those stay at home and make money schemes really work???))
I know there are worser off people than me so I am really thankful.
Sidenote: am never going to buy myself a car because it guzzles up money. Am going to rely on public transport or rent cars only.
So I have to put in effort to improve the quality of my life. And eat more fruits, vegetables and the many other natural health supplements my mother has bought for us to keep us healthy ( manuka honey, some salt, habbatus sauda ) At least, over the years, my complexion has improved.
Dear God, Let me be thankful and give me the strength. You have given me a perfectly functioning body so I have to take care of it.
From iPhone